Ernest Hemingway:

As Ernest Hemingway once said...
'All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.'

Monday, April 16, 2007

it's beer season

Here's our first batch of beer. We bottled it on
Saturday, and it should be good to go in about 2 weeks - that is if we didn't mess it up. We'll find out soon enough, I guess. Very pretty - all the little soldiers lined up.

We also started our next batch that same day. It's a wheat again, but this time we boiled a few flavored tea bags in with the wort for a few minutes. I have to admit we stole this idea from someone else, so I can't take full credit. But it smelled really good. I'm excited to try it. I promise not to steal their name, however - Teat. Hilarious. This is an actual picture. So far so good - it's supposed to get a layer of foam, and the air lock is bubbling.


Let me tell you, there is no smell like the smell of boiling wort. It's amazing. Kind of like the smell as you drive by Anheuser Busch, but more concentrated. If I could figure out how to make an air freshener in this scent I'd do it in a minute. Yum.



No comments: