Ernest Hemingway:

As Ernest Hemingway once said...
'All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.'

Friday, August 10, 2012

I've been a bad, bad...blogger

I haven't been around a lot lately. Which is a good thing, mostly. I've been cranking the words out, a very good thing. It takes some motivation to sit down and do it, but once I do, the words just don't stop. And after almost two months of not much at all, jobs are now coming out of the woodwork. I think I'm going to be in the position of having to choose...which is daunting in a very different way than having nothing at all.

We're talking about choosing my life, in a way. Forty hours a week is a good chunk of it, plus commute, of course. My last job was a really bad situation. I don't want to end up with something like that again. On the flip side, money doesn't exactly grow on trees around here. All I hear anymore is concern from loved ones about why I don't have a job yet. ALL THE TIME. I get it. They're concerned. But it's a big decision.

Mostly, I don't want to settle. For the first time in seven and a half years my fate and destiny is in my hands (well, mostly). Do I go with a job that will have a lot of flexibility but is a very (very) small office, where I'm going to know everyone's business and vice versa? Or with a big corporate conglomerate where I'll be able to go to work, do my job, and go home without having to worry about personal stuff? Or somewhere in-between? Do I pick on salary alone, benefits, flexibility, location, or the job itself? See what I mean? It's a lot to think about.

I'm thankful, no doubt about it. It's just such a big decision. But I think a night with my hubby tonight to discuss things and a night with friends tomorrow (who were both in the same boat as me job-wise) will do the trick. Having people around who know me totally, and who understand all the decisions is so fantastic. I'm a really, really lucky lady.

So that's my update. Hopefully everyone else is cranking right along too!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Good luck to you! Glad you have helpers.

Jo Michaels said...

Amen, sister! Glad to hear things are looking up for you. WRITE ON!