Ernest Hemingway:

As Ernest Hemingway once said...
'All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.'

Friday, September 16, 2005

Truffle Shuffle

I am way into 80s music these days. I'm way into all music, but at work, on LaunchCast (Yahoo's imitation Sirius - poor imitation, at that), I listen to the 'Hits of the 80s' channel. It's completely hilarious. There's something about the 80s synth pop, the 80s ballads, and the great 80s punk. It's so damn funny. I love the cheesiness, and also the brilliance, depending on the song or band. The cheesier the better, in my opinion. The clothes, the trendy words, the movies - it's all so great. What is better than Cyndi Lauper, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Foreigner, Duran Duran, and the countless others like them? I find it so very comforting. Maybe because much of my formative childhood years occured during the 80s. It's just embedded in my mind.

I think that's one of the reasons I am so obsessed with Donnie Darko. The soundtrack is genuis. INXS, Tears for Fears, Joy Division, Echo and the Bunnymen - someone delicious person hand picked some of the greatest songs of the era. If you don't have it, I highly recommend picking it up. And Gary Jules' rendition of 'Mad World' is excellent.

I'll leave you today with the image of Chunk doing the Truffle Shuffle. Remember, GOONIES NEVER SAY DIE!

No comments: