Ernest Hemingway:

As Ernest Hemingway once said...
'All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.'

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

death metal...ha


Q and I went to see the
Eagles of Death Metal play an in-store show at Vintage Vinyl on Saturday. They played for a half hour, and it was awesome. They are totally full of energy (even though they're bordering on old), and really played well. That's my perfect kind of show - get there, find a place to stand, the band you came to see plays for a little bit, and it's over. There aren't three crappy bands playing first that you have to sit through because you want a good spot, and the set is short and sweet.

There were, however, more turds packed into that place than I've seen in a while. There were a couple of really bad mohawks, as though the person rolled out of bed and did nothing to it. In my opinion, if you're going to shave your head into a mohawk, at least make the commitment to make it look good all the time. It looks really dumb just laying there. There were also a lot of kids, making really dumb comments. For example, there was a group down the aisle behind us (we were packed in all around the rock CDs), and one of the kids said 'They're name doesn't really represent the kind of music they play.' Another kid with him said 'That's kind of the point.' Duh. I bet that guy felt like a dumbass. Seriously. Would a death metal band put 'death metal' in their name?


Being at the loop always makes me feel old, though, what with all of those Wash U kids running around. Makes me nostalgic for the good ol' college days, that's for sure. One of these days I'm going to get enough balls to go to the Scientology church down there and see how freaky they really are. A guy I know went there, watched the 'movie', then when they wanted to try and recruit him, he totally bailed on them, without giving as much as his name. Nice. I so want to do that. But believe me, don't get suckered into giving your name - they'll track you down and bother you for years - or so I've heard. I wouldn't risk it.

No comments: