Ernest Hemingway:

As Ernest Hemingway once said...
'All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.'

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

a fresh start

Happy 2007. I'd be much happier if I weren't at work right now, but someone's got to pay the bills. Today has been particularly odd because a guy I went to high school with started at my company. In fact, we went to elementary, junior high, and senior high together. I had a big crush on him back in elementary school. Very weird. What's even weirder is that he doesn't look very different. Who knows how he remembers me. I was such a twerp in high school. Blah. No sense in bringing up the past.

You might notice a change on my site. No more Donnie Darko. That was getting so tired and boring. If you're curious, yes, I have seen a special someone throw up in an IKEA bag. The image was burned into my brain for all time. It wasn't deliberate, yet it seems to beg some higher meaning. I'll leave it at that. The words just aren't here right now. Too tired. Need caffeine.

No comments: