Ernest Hemingway:

As Ernest Hemingway once said...
'All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.'

Friday, October 26, 2007

the greatest soap

This stuff is awesome. I found it at a local store called the Home Eco in South City. Not only does it smell great, but it's totally vegan, and locally made by a St. Louis company called Herbaria.
I first tried their soaps when I bought a citronella & marigold soap for our annual trip to the cabin in AR hoping it would fend off some of the bugs. Fend off it did! I didn't use a drop of bug spray the entire time, and emerged bite-free, while the rest of our guests got eaten alive despite drenching themselves in that nasty commercial bug spray. I cannot stand that stuff - not only because it's pure chemical, but because it always ends up in my mouth no matter how much care I take to keep it away. Sick. It tastes awful.
You can go to the Home Eco, or there are tons of shops that sell the soaps in the area and even around the country. These are such a great treat every time I shower. They smell awesome, lather really well, and leave my skin so soft. Best of all, you're not rubbing chemicals and artificial ingredients into your skin every day, which is what you find in regular soaps/body washes. If that doesn't make you feel good, well, then you're some kind of weirdo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog for the simple fact that you always recommend stuff I never knew about. I will definitely have to try that soap. :)

Lisa