Ernest Hemingway:

As Ernest Hemingway once said...
'All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.'

Friday, October 12, 2007

knew it!

There's lead in lipstick???? That's so wrong. I knew there had to be a good reason I don't wear lipstick other than general laziness.
The most disturbing part of the whole article:
According to the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics, one-third of the tested lipsticks exceeded the FDA's limit for lead in candy - a standard established to protect children from directly ingesting lead.
Seriously? Lead in candy? What brainiac thought that was a good idea? Why would we possibly need lead in candy? I knew my absolute favorite candy - gummy bears (or worms, I'm not picky) was too good to be true. If there's lead in anything, I'm sure it's gummy bears. I don't know why. I'm sure it's God's way of punishing me.
Candy's been one of my last strongholds. I check ingredients on almost everything to make sure there isn't anything artificial, and avoid those things that harbor the foreign particles. But up until this point I've ignored candy, not wanting to look and see all kinds of nasties in my favorite treats.
But come on. I at a Reese's peanut butter cup today and the top was kind of watery. Have you ever noticed that with Reese's? There's always a thin film of wetness on top? What the hell is that? It can be ignored no more.
But oh, my beloved gummies. I just don't know that I can give you up. Especially the Haribo Happy Colas. Mmmmmmm, chewy goodness. Soda flavored candy. For a girl who loves both soda (thank goodness for Hansen's) and sugar, this is pure evil.
Maybe I will save you for special occasions.

No comments: