Ernest Hemingway:

As Ernest Hemingway once said...
'All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.'

Thursday, February 19, 2009

top 2 reasons I won't punt my pump off a cliff

My love affair with lists continues. This one is short.
  1. It forces me to be in a good mood. If I don't eat enough, get enough sleep, or am stressed or in a bad mood, I don't pump enough for my babe the next day. Sounds stupid. It is stupid. Why doesn't anyone tell you how sensitive the milk ducts are? Getting myself into a good mood can be hard, especially in the morning. But I hum a happy song and think positive thoughts and usually I can turn myself around. Believe me, when at work, me in a happy mood is rare. Today I was humming a Bon Jovi tune (no idea where it came from) and somehow it turned into the old Wehrenberg Theaters song...da da da da da da da da dadada, da da da da da da da da dadada...remember the whispers at the end? Wehrenberg...Wehrenberg - the whole theater whispered and it was oddly loud. Good times. Now they just ask you nicely to turn off your phone and whatnot. Thanks, technological advances.
  2. It's expensive. I don't want to shell out the dough for a new one. This one was a no-brainer.

Okay, that's it. As much as I love being able to give my babe the best start to life by providing her the most natural sustenance of all, I hate pumping. It sucks. Pun intended. I cannot wait until the day I can pack that sucker up for good.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

You are a great mama for continuing to pump for your little girl!

Thanks for the comment on my post. I completely agree about the misinformation being totally overwhelming!