Ernest Hemingway:

As Ernest Hemingway once said...
'All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.'

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

what nightmares are made of

Sam, the ugliest dog in the world (literally - he won the contest twice) died on Friday. Let's have a moment of silence for the ugly fucker.

I'd love to see the two dogs that created this freakshow. This dog is thanking his lucky stars for no kill shelters - if the InHumane Society had gotten a hold of him, he'd have been a goner.

This has got to be the most hilarious dog I've ever seen, and we've got some real treats around our neighborhood, so that's saying a lot. In fact, the other night I was walking my hound, and this little dog behind a big ol' fence went apeshit. It was one of those little yapper dogs, all white and frumpy looking (the ones that always look dirty). The little shit got under the fence and came at us! It wasn't mean. It just wanted to sniff us. I knew I had to take it home. I couldn't just leave it to get run over. But the little bastard wouldn't let me pick it up. I had to grab hold of my hound's head so she wouldn't eat it (remember, she's killed a chihuahua), and somehow walk the thing back to its house. It followed us with its nose up my hound's ass (poor baby - I should have let her have at it). I get to the front porch, knock, and no one answers (though there's a car out front and lights on). I ring the doorbell and knock again, still no answer. I finally have to tie up my hound, pick this thing up, and put it back inside the fence.

What kind of freak leaves a dog outside if they're not home? I guess a lot of people do that. It's always smart to make sure it can't get out of the fence before you do that, though. DUR!
They're lucky I was around. How many people would go to all that trouble for someone else's dirty, haggard, yappy dog?

No comments: