Ernest Hemingway:

As Ernest Hemingway once said...
'All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.'

Monday, March 27, 2006

brian adams - hell yes

I heard about this on 590 The Fan Thursday morning, and I've seen it other places, too. There's this theory that whatever song was #1 on your 18th birthday somehow represents your life in some way. Foolish me, I decided to try it. The song that was #1 on my 18th birthday was:

'Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman' by Brian Adams.

Wow, that's a thinker. That could definitely be taken a couple of ways. If I was a lesbian, I'd get it completely. I just happen to be straight, and with a gorgeous, handsome, sweet and funny man.

If it was possibly referring to some experimentation, perhaps in college, it's wrong there, too. No such luck. Yes, I've kissed a couple of girls, but they were tiny pecks. Nothing that would constitute 'really loving a woman'.

I can say, however, that I truly love a handful of women. My sisters and mommy, of course, are no brainers. I've also got a couple of very close girlfriends. So I guess in that respect, I have really loved a woman.

Okay, so it's a stupid theory. But fun, and a great Friday timewaster! Here's the
link. If you're one of my 3 or 4 consistent readers (hi there!), I'm curious to see what your song is, and whether you think it relates to your life somehow.

3 comments:

Mustang Betsy said...

this was fun! 'it's too late' by carole king was #1 when i was born and 'if you don't know me by now' by simply red when i turned 18. they're both very much mellow, easy listening & a bit depressing if you ask me. maybe i should check my 21st and 16th bdays for something more upbeat!

Anonymous said...

Mine was Boyz II Men, "End of the Road," which seems strangely apropos.

Anonymous said...

I Swear by All-4-One...a horrible R&B version of a horrible country song. Could it possibly be any worse? How depressing. 90's music sucks.