Ernest Hemingway:

As Ernest Hemingway once said...
'All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.'

Friday, December 02, 2005

I call mine the damned-scratches-all-over-my-arms-from-fanning-out-the-stupid-branches tree

Today I heard on the news (the news is like a car wreck for me - I don't want to do it, but I can't stop watching!) that somewhere, they're now calling Christmas trees 'holiday' trees. What? Give me a freaking break.

I also heard a news story about some school somewhere (good thing I really pay attention) that's doing a holiday performance, and they're singing a song about Hanukkah, a song about Kwanzaa, but they outlawed singing a Christmas song.

This stupid religion crap has gotten way out of hand. Seriously. I personally don't give a shit what you call your tree, and no one else should either. We should worry about ourselves, and how we are living our lives, raising our children, and making the world a better place. Not about what the Smiths down the street are calling their tree, or if they're singing Christmas carols.

I know there are people out there who are bitching about what the Smiths call their tree, and the fact that there's a nativity scene outside of a non-religious institution, while their children are running the streets selling drugs and other great after school activities.

The world would be a much better place if we'd just leave each other alone. Worry about ourselves and our behaviors for a little while. Once we're perfect, then we can start bossing others around and correcting their behavior. Alright?

No comments: