Ernest Hemingway:

As Ernest Hemingway once said...
'All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.'

Thursday, June 28, 2012

author blog challenge #27 - writers are awesome

First - the best early birthday present ever (other than getting fired) - I got a request from a fabulous agent for the first three chapters of my novel. It's my first ever real request from an agent! Yay.


What has been the best part of participating in the Author Blog Challenge? What are your suggestions for improving the next Author Blog Challenge?


The best part for me was meeting so many great writers and making a lot of connections. I've learned so much in the past month, I don't even think I can list it all. I've added quite a few of the writers to my read feed, so I can keep up with their doings after the contest is over. I have a feeling at least a few of these lovely writers will be in my life, at least online, for a long time. How cool is that?


A big thank you to the lovely Laura Orsini for putting the challenge together. I don't even remember how I got involved, but I'm so happy I took the risk. I haven't posted every day, but I've done a lot more than I would have otherwise.


And, I've learned a whole lot about myself through this process. Not only have I dug deep within myself to answer some of the questions, but it just so happened to take place during a month where my entire world changed. And I got two requests for my novel, one I said I would put to rest if it went nowhere. It's been an eventful month. I have a feeling it's going to be the start of some new and wonderful things in my life.


I feel very lucky today - not only is it my birthday (woot woot - I now round up to forty!), but I'm ready to take on the world. I have fantastic friends, a loving family, and the best husband and daughter in the entire world. Nothing will get me down.


Thanks to all of the participants for your support, encouragement, and advice. Writers are a special group of people - not once have I participated in a group that is so optimistic, willing to help, and give of themselves. One thing is for sure - we can't do it without one another.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hooray...happy birthday...and hooray!!