Ernest Hemingway:

As Ernest Hemingway once said...
'All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.'

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

author blog challenge...and feeling uninspired

I've been feeling uninspired lately when it comes to blogging. And I'm blogging about it. Which is kind of like saying I'm not thirsty while sipping a frost beverage. Maybe it's because most of my energy an free time lately has been devoted to my current WIP. I'm currently 35K+ words in (wrote 5K yesterday alone) and loving it more and more with every word. Honestly, I don't even know what prompt we're on in the challenge...but it doesn't really matter anyway since a lot of the recent posts really don't apply to me as a mostly unpublished writer.


Over the weekend my previously mentioned fabulous mom-in-law gave me a bracelet:



Isn't that cool? It's old typewriter keys. And it's perfect, since I am, in fact, a writer. I have to get used to saying this out loud and sharing it with my world. It's easy to do in my head. Not so easy out loud. I AM A WRITER. Four little words; easy to pronounce, even. But for a person who doesn't share much of herself to begin with (though this is changing quite a bit as I get older), it's going to take a bit of work. But hey, I'm just about used to typing one one space instead of two. Maybe it isn't so hard to teach this dog a new trick.

So to everyone in the challenge (and otherwise)...happy blogging. And keep on keepin' on.

4 comments:

R Chazz Chute said...

You are resilient. Good on ya!

I wonder what they would be like? Hm...

Laura Orsini (aka Marcie Brock) said...

You ARE a writer, Jen. And a good one, at that. Happy firing (and re-firing)!

Ellie Mendez said...

Amazing how things work out....and though it's a cliche, everything does happen for a reason! Keep on writing!

Jo Michaels said...

You GO girl! I'm glad to hear wonderful things happened through not-so-wonderful things. Karma has her way :) WRITE ON!