Ernest Hemingway:

As Ernest Hemingway once said...
'All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.'

Monday, October 24, 2005

imagine this...

I'm driving along highway 70 on my way to class at UMSL (a fiction writing class). I hear Daryl Palumbo sing 'I want to f**k you in your god's hands when your praying bites the dust'. I darn near almost crashed my car. What a line! I had to rewind the CD to make sure I heard it right, THEN had to get out the little book and read it. Yep, I heard right. That's one of the greatest lines I've ever heard, and I tend to like music with good lyrics, so that's saying a lot.

It's from the Head Automatica album, Decadence, that Q picked up a couple of weeks ago. He's been wanting it for a while, but just found it used. It's Daryl Palumbo from Glassjaw and Dan the Automator from the Gorillaz. It's really not much like either Glassjaw or the Gorillaz, though. It's totally funky and upbeat, with great music and lyrics. I highly recommend it. It's catchy as hell. I'm really impressed - it's totally not what I expected at all, especially since the last Glassjaw album sucked.

I don't even want to think about what it might mean. It's just so great, I don't want to ruin it. And believe me, the rest of the song is no slouch either. How exactly did he come up with that? It blows my mind. It's these moments that make me doubt I have any talent at all. Phew.

No comments: