Ernest Hemingway:

As Ernest Hemingway once said...
'All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.'

Monday, October 31, 2005

seasonal affective disorder (or whatever)

I think I must have a version of this, except I'm only pissy when it rains. Is it the lack of sunshine? I think so. Darkness makes me sleepy, and when I'm sleepy at work, it's not a good combo.

First the day started off with an emergency staff meeting. We got reamed for being late, talking too much on cell phones, and socializing too much. It brought back memories of my last hellish job, except that here the president only gives us shit when it's getting out of control, not if we're 1 minute late clocking in. We don't even clock in here. Since I'm rarely late, don't talk on my cell, and try to not socialize with people (this isn't hard at all), I just had to sit there and take it. The difference between this and getting yelled at at the old job is that this is just motivation to make sure to do things right. This place actually makes you want to do that as opposed to making you want to do the exact opposite.

Then, since today's Halloween, people have been parading their kids around all day long. It's cute and all, but when I'm in a bad mood, the last thing I want to do is ooh and aah over someone's kid. Does this drive anyone else crazy? If I have kids, I'm making the vow now to never take them to my work or Q's work. You can hold me to it. Maybe I'm just jealous that these people have nothing better to do all day than bring their kid to their spouses place of employment. Must be nice.

Now I have to go and deal with traffic. Why can't people drive when it rains? It's maddening. Traffic is always backed up, and for no apparent reason. That's the worst thing about it - if there was an accident, fine, I get that. Why the hell does it back up for no reason???

Maybe I should go to bed early to escape this hellish day. I can start fresh tomorrow.

No comments: