Ernest Hemingway:

As Ernest Hemingway once said...
'All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.'

Thursday, October 20, 2005

stay to the right

So, I'll eat my previous words about the Astros. But at least they didn't win in Houston. At least we have that.

I'm actually a little glad that baseball is over because now I can go back to watching my regular TV shows instead of taping them. Yes, I still tape things - no DVD-R yet.

I had a new experience yesterday. I was riding my bike on the newly built bike trail by my house when I was almost plowed over by a woman, riding a bike, and talking on a cell phone. Is this a joke? Unfortunately not. I could not believe it. She was riding with someone else, and they were spread out all over the trail. He had to yell at her to get out of the way. No way was I going to stop and let her pass. I would have plowed right into her just to teach her a lesson. For fuck's sake, pay attention! It was a gorgeous day, and the trail was semi-crowded. You can't tell me you are so important that you have to take a call during your bike ride. And if you are, at least stop riding the bike! I had headphones on, but still said, 'Are you kidding me?' I'm sure they heard, as I tend to talk loudly when listening to headphones. Unfortunately I didn't hear their reaction. Morons.

As I've been riding my bike more and more, I find that people have a serious problem figuring out which side of the trail they should be on. Same thing with the grocery store. How hard is it? I always thought the general rule of thumb was to stick to the right, like when driving. Am I wrong? It drives me crazy when some dumb lady in the store has her cart blocking the entire aisle while she looks at Hamburger Helper. How self absorbed is that? As though she is the only person in the entire store. People need to take a moment to notice the outside world. We all have to exist together - at least try to be cognizant of this. Or next time I'm going to crash my cart or bike right into someone.

On a brighter note, Blood Ray got a job, thanks to Craigslist. If you haven't checked it out yet, you should - it's a great site for all sorts of local classifieds.

No comments: