Ernest Hemingway:

As Ernest Hemingway once said...
'All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.'

Thursday, May 25, 2006

bitch, whine, complain

Surgery sucks. Not being able to drive sucks. Having to sit a certain way all day so I can elevate my foot and not crush it under my desk sucks. Eating lunch in the kitchen without a TV sucks.

I'll tell ya, though, I have a new found respect for people who have major surgery. Mine was minor, but it's crazy - every day I wake up and my ankle looks different than the previous morning. There's either weird red dots, new bruises, or new swelling. As of this morning I no longer have an ankle bone that I can even make out. Gross! I can't even imagine what major surgery would be like. Take this poor baby in Africa. He's going to have to have several 'grueling' operations over the next ten years to fix his face. Something like that really helps put my little ordeal in perspective.

So, I'm going to do my best to stop feeling sorry for myself, which is stupid anyway because I was the one who decided to have this surgery. Everyone has been extremely nice and helpful, especially my saint of a husband, so there's no need to be a big baby. I'll just be glad when I can get up and walk around without feeling pain each and every time. It really makes you appreciate being a healthy person, that's for sure.

No comments: