Ernest Hemingway:

As Ernest Hemingway once said...
'All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.'

Thursday, May 04, 2006

cry me a river

Bill Gates wishes he wasn't the richest person in the world. He's worth around $50 billion - yes, billion. At one point he was worth $99 billion. I can't even fathom a million, much less a billion. It's insane. It actually makes my head hurt (or maybe that's just the pollen).

I can't stand it when people say they wouldn't want to be rich, that being rich doesn't equal happiness. That may be true (sometimes), but I'd be willing to bet there are plenty of rich people who are also happy, and not in that I-have-a-huge-car-and-house type of way. Truly happy. I'm thinking that if a million dollars suddenly appeared in my savings account I'd be pretty ecstatic. I wouldn't worry about all my friends/relatives begging for money. I don't hang out with that type of person.

I'm just saying it'd give me a ton of free time to decide what I really want to do with my life. I'd have that freedom. How could it be a bad thing? Even if it just padded my retirement, that'd be a huge weight off of my shoulders.

Bill, if you don't want to be rich, you could toss a mil my way. In fact, you could probably give everyone in America a mil and still be rich. Problem solved!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Word, sister.