Ernest Hemingway:

As Ernest Hemingway once said...
'All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.'

Monday, May 01, 2006

meat free weekend

So far so good. I didn't eat any meat at all over the weekend. I even went to a bbq. I brought along some really good veggie sausages - italian flavored. Yummy.

I'm currently undertaking a new project - putting together two lists - one of restaurants in the area that use meat purchased from local farmers, and the other of meat markets/farmers markets/health stores that sell meat from local farmers. It's not easy. I thought there'd be tons of info on the internet regarding this type of thing, but no such luck. I know they're out there, it's just going to take time. Fortunately for me, that's something I have plenty of at work, so yay - something to fill the days!

Our last kickball games were on Sunday. I'm definitely disappointed. They almost got rained out. We played in a little bit of rain, but the hardest part of the day was the mud. I almost did the splitz running to second, because one foot stayed on the base and the other slid in the mud on the other side. Ouch. I also slid into base a couple of times - this is much easier to do when it's wet. Normally I wouldn't consider sliding. I needed to get a little bit (well, a lot) dirty - my new team shirt was definitely too clean. I do get to play on Saturday in the all-star game, and might (fingers crossed!) get to play in the tournament on Sunday. One of my best friends is having a baby shower that day, so I have to be there at least for a little bit of it. If my team makes it past the first two rounds (of course they will), then I can play after that. Last year we didn't do so good (I had to miss the damn thing last year too!). May is such a busy month.

1 comment:

Stephen M Bourke said...

I always get my meat from local farmers. Mostly tube steak.