Ernest Hemingway:

As Ernest Hemingway once said...
'All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.'

Thursday, February 09, 2006

maybe if i twist my head just right it looks normal.

You know what I don't get? When a woman with a really short hairdo has it swooped to one side in the back. It's almost as though she slept on it funny, then woke up and left straight for work, except it's obviously been styled that way.

Why? What would possibly make you want to do that? The only explanation I can think of is that your hair just naturally lays that way. I had really short hair once, and never even considered swooping it to one side. In fact, the thought never even crossed my mind. I never even had to made the conscious decision to leave it straight.

It kind of looks like a duck, like the back end of Donald or Daffy. I wonder what look these women aim to have. It's interesting. It's not as though they're trying to be different, to create their own style - one look at their clothing drags that theory right into oblivion. I'm always fascinated by this phenomenon, by a person seemingly trying to fit in with the rest of the world suddenly deciding to take one aspect of their look and twist it around. Maybe it's their inner rebel struggling to break free. Or maybe the brush they use just won't reach around properly, and this shortfall equals oddly positioned hair. Maybe all they need is a decent brush or comb.

If anyone has insight into the wind-whipped hair phenomenon, please share. I really like for things to make sense, at least on some dimension.

No comments: