Ernest Hemingway:

As Ernest Hemingway once said...
'All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.'

Friday, February 24, 2006

party weekend ahead

It's that time of year again. Mardi Gras in St. Louis. Unfortunately N8 & MT won't be here to celebrate (it's kind of a tradition), but we're going anyway, with V & CB. It's going to be cold, so I'm hoping it's not too miserable. Last year we didn't get near drunk enough, and ended up just wanting to leave. I'm hoping it won't come to that this year.

Too bad the stupid Metro Link station near our house isn't open yet (though it was supposed to be finished LAST FALL). Now we have to drive to CWE to park in Q's garage and take it from there. Last time we took the Metro Link from CWE there was a guy standing right next to the ticket machine basically showing you how to get tickets (as if it's difficult), whether you wanted his help or not. Then when your change came out, he asked for it. It was really annoying. He probably makes more than I do standing there.

At least it won't be raining. The first year we went it poured. We had to take refuge in a bar, after paying like $10 each to get in. It was crowded, wet, smelly, and would have been completely unbearable except we were really drunk. My shoes and pants got ruined. I learned a valuable lesson - always wear crap clothes to Mardi Gras. And for the love of all that's holy, don't wear heels. What is up with that? Why are girls so completely stupid? Is it worth it to be that miserable? I think not.

It's supposed to be super crazy this year because of all that's happened in New Orleans. I guess people don't want to go there, and since St. Louis has the second biggest celebration in the nation, people are going to come here instead. Should be interesting, to say the least.

And tonight we're going to see
Deadboy and the Elephantmen at Mississippi Nights. If you haven't heard this band, check them out. Rolling Stone, in the Kanye West issue, called it 'swampy blues'. It's just two people, a singer/guitar player and a drummer (aka the White Stripes but actually good), and the music is awesome. Some of the best lyrics I've ever heard. So, it's going to be a busy weekend, but I'm sure I'll survive, as always. Unless I get trampled or freeze to death at Mardi Gras. Then, I guess I'll see you all on the other side.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck and godspeed young Jedi...