Ernest Hemingway:

As Ernest Hemingway once said...
'All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.'

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

and the winner is...

Here's a pic of Drew Barrymore from the Golden Globes last night. I'm not sure this picture does the hideousness of her breasts justice. Good god, honey. Put on a bra. You can't use the excuse that one wouldn't work with your dress. You could have done a full out bra with it. Believe me, I'm all for ditching the bra - going to the store, walking the dog, etc. But in front of millions and millions of viewers? When she so obviously needs a bra? No way. Bad decision. Nothing even remotely sexy about this.

I always enjoy watching the Golden Globes and the Academy Awar
ds. It's so formulaic, and I can predict who is going to win at least 50% of the time, but I love seeing what everyone is wearing. There were more than a few very bad decisions last night, however. Geena Davis looked hugely hippy. The dress was cute, but it should have flowed past her waist instead of hugging it so tightly. Sheesh. Where are their friends? They need someone to honestly tell them what to wear and what not to wear.

Sandra Oh also made a poor choice. Her breasts were nonexistant. I think
they're actually smaller than mine - who would have thought it possible? She definitely could have used a visit to Victoria's Secret.

And what about Reese? Her dress was 'vintage Chanel'. There's something to be said about vintage. It's the new 'cool' thing. But can't it be cute, too? This just makes her look like a little girl. She looks young enough to begin with. (Blogger won't let me upload this picture - stupid Blogger!)

My favorite dress was, and I hate to say it, Gwyneth's. I can't stand her. And look, she's pregnant again (insert baby name / fruit joke). How frightening. But her dress was cute, in a sweet, feminine sort of way.

If they'd only realize how good I am as a wardrobe consultant. They'd never use anyone else, I'm sure. I'd be rich!

No comments: