Ernest Hemingway:

As Ernest Hemingway once said...
'All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.'

Monday, January 30, 2006

weekend update

I'm pretty sure this day could not suck any more. Wait, let me knock on wood (luckily my desk is wood) - there's plenty that could happen between now and home, I guess.

On a more pleasant note, I had my second meeting with my writer's group on Saturday. It's myself and three other students from the fiction class I took last winter. I wasn't sure how it was going to work out, but our first two meetings have been so great. They reviewed the second draft of my short story last Saturday, and I got about ten times more help and insight from three people than I got from the entire class of fifteen, including the teachers. It's great to have found three great writers to collaborate with, and we work so well together. I'm so excited about our future. I actually want to write another draft of my story, which is unprecedented. I'm excited about writing, and about having such talented people to help. I just hope my writing doesn't suck too bad. It's like all the horrible singers on American Idol - they actually think they can sing well, but end up sounding like barking seals. Maybe I think my writing is good and has potential, but it just blows. Ha! That'd be hilarious. I guess that's the risk you take, though, anytime you put your writing out there. All you can do is hope to hell it's not awful.

I just got the annual kickball reminder email from our team captain - holy crap, I can't wait for the season to start! Which reminds me, I have to get in shape...kickball is a lot harder now than it was as a kid. Which seems to be true about everything, really.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I farted once on the set of Blue Lagoon